Today’s increasingly connected, digital world has tremendous implications for every facet of the field of education: from teaching and learning to student well-being; from digital identity to institutional reputation; and everything in between. In this session, participants will take an in-depth look at the topic of school leadership in a connected world. Areas of focus will include:
- Leveraging new possibilities for developing distributed leadership in staff and students.
- Navigating the complexities of digital identity and what it means for student and teachers in the areas of both teaching and learning as well as wellness and reputation.
- Considering the implications of schools’ digital reputations and taking steps to build a positive institutional presence online.
- Taking up the tremendous affordances of online networks for professional development, collaboration, sharing, and community-building.
- Examining and learning from notable examples of digital leadership from around the globe.
- Providing leadership for classroom adoption of innovative practices for creating rich, networked learning environments.
- Taking steps to develop your own critical digital literacies in order to support staff and students and to manage change in a fast-paced world.