This is an accelerated 4 week asynchronous and synchronous certificate learning program for 16 PD hours, designed to help you design, assess and manage meaningful and community based project- based experiences with learners.
Do you want to grow and develop socially, emotionally & globally aware citizens who solve real-world problems, while also covering your academic standards?
Imagine your students designing their own social enterprises to meet a community need; writing and publishing professional books to be featured in a local library; or working with architects and city planners to create more affordable local housing.
These are all high quality project-based experiences that have been completed by real students in schools across Asia.
Objectives/ Outcomes of PBL Immersive Program: This program will help you:
- Implement the seven key components of high-quality PBL in the design of your own project
- Use the simple 5 step process to backwards design and plan blended learning experience that engage learners
- Be able to design varied formative and summative PBL assessments that assess standards and 21st century skills in hybrid environments
- Develop strategies for project management
- Learn strategies to develop social, globally and emotionally aware citizens
- Use tools for project management to create self- directed learners
Expected Commitment/ Deliverables: To ensure growth with the design and delivery projects, and the growth of our small community, you will be responsible for:
- Completing scaffolded asynchronous video lessons in a 24 lesson online course. Developing or re-designing a project plan for a hybrid project- based experience (project description, milestones, major understandings, methods of assessment) (planning resources will be provided)
- Designing your projects’ authentic assessments with accompanying resources
- Reflecting and interact with peers in each online lesson in comments and responses to peers
- Presenting your learning and received feedback within a small team
- Attending each of the four coaching calls scheduled throughout the program to receive feedback and overcome challenges with PBL delivery in a group community setting