ESBC Berlin – A Model for Paradigm Change based on Humanity and Solidarity
27 January 2021 (Wednesday) - 08:00 AM - 09:00 AM
For learning sustainability there is a fundamental urgency required in changing to the education system as it stands now. ESBC in Berlin shows the impact of a new system based on the principles of humanity and solidarity and following a simple premise: radically trusting in the potential of students and putting them in charge.
Learn from a student how this school, which does not award any grades until 9th grade, achieves excellent results as judged by traditional standardized methods, while using a radically different educational model.
- ESBC’s curriculum is designed around the UN’s Global Goals for Sustainable Development
- No specialist teachers employed; teachers are coaches and guides
- Students select which subject and unit they will be working on
- Student work on three projects per year each of which is based around the UN Global Goals
- Lots of thinking and work within the school around how teachers collaborate on building curriculum and working together.